Located at the corner of Hillcrest and Hurontario in Mississauga, Connecting Cooksville is the only tri-mobility hub in the city with direct access to Regional Transit, Rapid Bus Service and the future Light Rail Transit. It is the ideal location for responsible growth and a “15-Minute City”.
Cooksville is a network of long-time residents and newcomers alike seeking opportunity and generating possibility in thriving local businesses and shared cross-cultural pride. Our proposal contributes to the evolving story of Cooksville, creating places where people can live, work and connect together.
Connecting Cooksville is an ambitious plan that will come to life over the next several years. It leverages smart density to deliver meaningful impact for the community.
Highlights of the proposed plan include:
- A generous and accessible public realm covering nearly half of the site, with a central community gathering space.
- A new full-service community centre and public library to be delivered in partnership with the City of Mississauga, including the potential for an aquatics centre, gymnasium, multi-use meeting and gathering spaces, and a daycare.
- More than 2,200 new homes to be delivered as a mix of condominiums and purpose-built rental apartments, including 250-300 homes as part of an affordable home ownership program with Options for Homes.
- A commitment to sustainable building practices and human-scaled design, optimizing daylight and passive ventilation, and taking a ‘landscape-first’ approach that emphasizes biodiversity, resilience and well-being.
TAS engaged thoughtfully with the local communities to ensure their needs and aspirations were integrated into the plan. Gathering input through interviews, focus groups, surveys and workshops, our goal was for the community to help shape the investment being made in their neighbourhood.
We are proud to be a part of the Cooksville Community Hub Working Group – a group of local residents, community organizations and businesses interested in building connections and supporting people in the area. We enthusiastically lent our site to local community groups like Heart Comonos for their activations and events which create a diverse and dynamic community presence
This project is an example of how responsible growth and smart density can drive community benefits and meaningful impact for the community. It is a once in a generation opportunity to contribute to the cultural fabric and enduring prosperity of Cooksville, while bringing to life the vision of the 15-Minute City in the heart of Mississauga.
- 5.3 acre site adjacent to a transit hub that includes the Cooksville GO station, the future Hurontario LRT and the MiWay rapid bus line
- 2,200 new homes including a mix of condominiums and purpose-built rental apartments
- 250-300 homes to be delivered through an affordable home ownership program in partnership with Options for Homes
- 49% of the site will be public realm with a community gathering space as its focal point
- Over 90% of the building perimeter at ground level is animated by positive frontages