Located in the heart of Toronto’s arts and entertainment corridor, 2 Tecumseth is an incredible new community that attempts to embrace the complexities and contradictions that make neighbourhoods great.
The project is one of the last major revitalization opportunities in the downtown core. Its topography is defined by the now buried Garrison Creek. It currently houses a decommissioned abattoir, and is directly adjacent to the historic Wellington Destructor, a century old garbage incinerator. Inspired by this rich context, the architecture and landscape design will embrace Toronto’s ecological, urban and industrial histories while adding a contemporary layer that will give the site new meaning and purpose.
Its vision and design were informed by the findings of a comprehensive multi-year community engagement process and an unwavering commitment to drive social and environmental impact through mixed-use real estate development.
We plan to mix and optimize uses to create a wonderfully real place where people from many walks of life can live, work and play – together. The lively and iconic destination will be a place where residents and visitors of all ages can co-create a new kind of urban experience.
Our impact objectives are focused on: prioritizing nature and environmental sustainability; nurturing a diverse and inclusive community; bolstering creative industry.
- Five-acre site whose dramatic topography echoes the now buried Garrison Creek
- Approximately 1,000,000 square feet of mixed-use development including for-sale condominiums, purpose-built rental, affordable housing, commercial, office, retail, light industrial, community and event spaces
- Five buildings, including two towers (one 24 and one 31 storeys), one mid-rise (seven storeys) and two low-rise (both two storeys)
- Nearly 1.5 acres of public realm improvements and new parks
- A four-metre-wide bike path along the site’s southern boundary
- Underground parking spaces for approximately 1202 bicycles and 410 vehicles
Have a question, great partnership idea or just want to stay informed? Get in touch with us any time, we look forward to connecting: email@example.com.
In November 2021, the City of Toronto and CreateTO announced that TAS was approved as the long-term head lessee of the Wellington Destructor, following a competitive RFP process.
We plan to restore and transform this former symbol of civic progress into an active community hub and destination. We are currently finalizing our plans and negotiating lease terms with the City and look forward to sharing more in 2022.